The evolution of the room chandelier is inextricably linked to the history of crystal glass. Chandeliers began as candle holders that were hung from the ceiling to brighten a room while also reducing the risk of fire.
If you're looking for glass chandelier crystals in bulk, you should be aware of the facts regarding the chandelier crystals that are utilized in today's large range of fixtures.
Crystal Glass Casting
A method of casting glass prisms was invented in the late 17th century. This glass was simple to make, relatively inexpensive, and far easier to deal with than true rock crystal, which required mining and processing. This glass, which was hand-cut and polished into varied shapes and angles to boost candle power illumination, was soon being used in brand new chandelier styles.
Crystal glass is used in a similar way in modern chandeliers and ceiling fixtures. A crystal chandelier aids in the creation of a visual focal point that draws the eye and conveys a romantic, mystical intimacy that other types of lighting just cannot.
And chandeliers aren't only used for the crystal. Table and floor lamps, as well as the application of decorative crystal directly to the frame or body of lamps and other fixtures, are a new trend in the usage of crystal. Crystal offers a one-of-a-kind beauty that may be treasured and enjoyed for decades, no matter where it is utilized.
Today, many various varieties of crystal glass are available in a variety of designs, cuts, and price points.
Swarovski Crystal Glass
Swarovski is the world's finest crystal, and it's undoubtedly what comes to mind when you think of crystals. It is clear, faultless, unusually pure, and dazzling, and it is made in the Austrian Alps. It was made by machine and contains more than 30% lead. Swarovski crystals are available in a variety of colors.
This assortment of crystal glass comes in a wide range of colors, sizes, and shapes, providing a fantastic palette for lighting designers as well as fashion, jewelry, and home accessory designers.
To attain flawless optic clarity, razor-sharp faceting, and unique purity and brilliance, it is usually machine cut and then machine polished. Swarovski crystal glass is then given an invisible optical coating to make it easier to clean and maintain.
Crystal Chandelier Cuts
Pendalogues are chandelier crystals that may be cut and polished into a variety of shapes and sizes. The following are some popular cuts:
- The octagon has eight sides and a combination of facet forms.
- Icicle is a type of ice that is short, thin, and pointed.
- Spea on the other hand is longer than icicles but thinner and more pointed.
- A rosette is a flower-like form.
- A square stone has four sides and is frequently faceted to resemble the letter X.
- A wide teardrop-shaped crystal with diamond-shaped facets is known as a Swedish drop. Pear is another name for it.
- Kite: kite-shaped, with many little facets of identical shapes. Because the top two angles are frequently longer than the bottom two, it differs from a diamond.
- Long, thin drops with six-pointed tips cut at an angle are known as hexagonal prisms.
- Baguettes, also known as colonial baguettes, are thin, long, rectangular baguettes that are flat on one side and elevated and faceted on the other.
- The finial is a tiny, circular object with triangular facets that hangs alone at the bottom of a chandelier.
- The cut ball is orb-shaped with several triangular facets
Some chandeliers employ only one type of pendeloque, while others have multiple cuts!
If you're looking to buy glass chandelier crystals in bulk, ABCrystal can provide you with a wholesale price. We have a wide stock of chandelier crystals manufactured by world-class brands.
Get free shipping on US orders of $35 and above. Moreover, if you are not happy with the quality of our crystals, you can ask for a 30-day money-back offer.
Explore our crystal chandelier selections by clicking here.
Share this post
- Tags: Chandelier Crystal Suppliers Wholesale, crystal candelabra parts, Crystal Chandelier Parts, crystal suppliers wholesale, CRYSTAL WHOLESALE, Glass Chandelier Crystals Bulk